Welcome back to Dreamscape!
The new school year has arrived, and we are excited to have your students enter the world of Dreamscape, where they will receive our new reading level placement test and build their Dwell while practicing their skills!
NOTE: If you've never used Dreamscape in your classroom, please check out THIS article we have created instead.
In this article, we'll help walk you through the steps to create your new classroom for the new school year, and how to add new or returning students to your class!
1. Logging back into your Educator Account
Of course, the first step you'll have to take is to log back in to your Dreamscape Educator account! We recommend that you bookmark THIS page so that you are able to easily access your dashboard.
NOTE: If you don't remember your password from last year, don't worry! Click the 'Reset Password' button on the log-in page, enter your email address and click submit.
Once you're logged into your Educator Account, you will see last year's classroom(s) and see if your students played Dreamscape this summer!
2. Creating a New Class
Next up, we'll make a new class for this school year. Click the 'Add Class' button on the top right and enter the name of your new classroom. Alternatively, you can import your Google Classroom class instead of creating a Dreamscape classroom. For more information about how to do this, please visit THIS article.
3. Adding Students to your Class
There are a few different ways that your students can be added to your class. First we'll look at how to create NEW Dreamscape accounts for students that have never played before. Secondly, we will look at how to add students to your class that have ALREADY created Dreamscape accounts. This may be from a previous teacher and class, or it could even be from students playing Dreamscape at home!
If you have a mix of NEW and ALREADY created Dreamscape player accounts don't worry; follow both sets of instructions but exclude your students with existing player accounts when creating new accounts.
NOTE: You can also add students to your class by syncing to Google Classroom, but we recommend that you instead follow the previous steps where we 'Imported using Google Classroom'. Please visit THIS article which includes a video for more information.
NEW Dreamscape Player Accounts:
- Click 'Add Students'
- Click 'No they need new accounts'
- Create Manually
- Use this option if you'd like to manually create/print your students' login information. Enter your students' names one-by-one or by uploading a spreadsheet. You can print off your student logins by pressing the purple button
- Create Using Class Code
- Use this option if you want your students to make their own accounts. Ask your students to go to THIS page (or download the Dreamscape app) and to enter your class code.
- Create Manually
ALREADY Created Dreamscape Player Accounts:
- Click 'Add Students'. A pop-up will appear that asks if your students already have Dreamscape player accounts.
- Click 'Yes, they already have accounts'. A pop-up will appear that explains how students with existing Dreamscape player accounts can join your classroom.
- You can tell your students that they will simply need to:
- Log-in to their Dreamscape account -> Press 'Menu' at the Top -> Click 'Update Class Code' -> Enter the new class code
NOTE: If your students forget their login information from last year, you can help them retrieve their old username and password by going to last year's Dreamscape classroom and navigating to the 'Students' tab. Here you will find each students username and password in a list. You can also print off last year's login information by hitting the same 'View and Print your Students' Login Codes' button as before.
4. All Done!
That's it! You've successfully created your new classroom and added your students to you class. Now you can begin your new school year of learning in Dreamscape!
Want to learn more about our new Placement Test? Read about it here.