Welcome to Dreamscape!
Dreamscape is a mystical world where players collect resources and challenge their friends, all while reading passages at their reading level and building their comprehension skills. We are super excited to have you and your students join Dreamscape this year, and can't wait to help you get started.
NOTE: If you've previously used Dreamscape in your classroom, please check out THIS article we have created instead.
In this article, we'll help walk you through the steps to log into your account, set up your class, add your students and begin learning!
1. Log into your Teacher Account
Of course, the first step you'll have to take is to log in to your Dreamscape Educator account! We recommend that you bookmark THIS page so that you are able to easily access your dashboard.
NOTE: If you don't remember your password from last year, don't worry! Click the 'Reset Password' button on the log-in page, enter your email address and click submit.
2. Creating your First Class
Upon signing up, you will also be asked to enter the name for your first class OR you can import your existing Google Classroom.
NOTE: In this article, we will assume that you are creating your class from scratch. For more information about Importing your Google Classroom into Dreamscape, please visit THIS article which includes a video.
Enter the name of your class such as: "Mrs. Smith's 5th Graders" and then hit 'Confirm'. You've now created your first class! You can have an unlimited number of classrooms within your educator account.
Also, please take note of the Class Code that will be assigned to your classroom. This code will look something like: 7RHAEW or BYA3NT. This code is used to identify your class and allow students to join your class using the code!
3. Adding Students to your Class
There are a few different ways that your students can be added to your class. First we'll look at how to create NEW Dreamscape accounts for students that have never played before. Secondly, we will look at how to add students to your class that have ALREADY created Dreamscape accounts. This may be from a previous teacher and class, or it could even be from students playing Dreamscape at home!
If you have a mix of NEW and ALREADY created Dreamscape player accounts don't worry; follow both sets of instructions but exclude your students with existing player accounts when creating new accounts.
NOTE: You can also add students to your class by syncing to Google Classroom, but we recommend that you instead follow the previous steps where we 'Imported using Google Classroom'. Please visit THIS article which includes a video for more information.
NEW Dreamscape Player Accounts:
- Click 'Add Students'
- Click 'No they need new accounts'
- Create Manually
- Use this option if you'd like to manually create/print your students login information. Enter your students' names one-by-one or by uploading a spreadsheet. You can print off your student logins by pressing the purple button
- Create Using Class Code
- Use this option if you want your students to make their own accounts. Ask your students to go to THIS page (or download the Dreamscape app) and to enter your class code.
- Create Manually
ALREADY Created Dreamscape Player Accounts:
- Click 'Add Students'. A pop-up will appear that asks if your students already have Dreamscape player accounts.
- Click 'Yes, they already have accounts'. A pop-up will appear that explains how students with existing Dreamscape player accounts can join your classroom.
- These students will simply need to:
- Log-in to their Dreamscape account -> Press 'Menu' at the Top -> Click 'Update Class Code' -> Enter the new class code
4. All Done!
That's it! You've successfully created your first classroom and added your students to you class. Now you can start monitoring your students progress and even begin to assign them assignments!
To learn more about how your students will be playing Dreamscape, visit THIS video.
To learn more about how to assign assignments to your students, visit THIS article.