We have recently added content packs you can assign to your students while they are learning from home. These have been specially designed to inform curious students about hygiene practices, and focus on important reading comprehension skills.
The instructions to assign the content packs are below, as well as the description of the packs.
How to assign content packs:
- Log into your dashboard
- Select your class
- Select "Assignment" on the left side
- Select the purple "Create Assignment" button
- Click the "Type" dropdown menu, select "Distance Learning Content Packs" and the grade of the pack you'd like to assign
- Then you can choose the type of pack. Select "Description" to see the skills covered, and the time it will take to complete the assignment.
- Select the students that will receive the assignment, the name of the assignment and the start/end date.
- The next time your students play Dreamscape, they'll receive these passages and questions.
- Check your email for a notification when your assignment has been completed. Take a look at your Planner reports by selecting the name of the assignment on your dashboard. Don't forget to click on "View Player Breakdown" to see your students writing prompt responses!
Content Pack Descriptions
These text sets can be useful with students highly motivated to learn about health-related topics during this COVID-19 crisis. These texts relate to the topics of health, the body, and hygiene and there are two sets: one for grades 3-4 and one for grades 5-6.
Skill: Mood (Spooky or Horror)
These text sets contains stories that we classify as spooky for grades 4-5 and horror stories for grades 5-6 and will permit students to analyze mood.