We are excited to introduce a new feature to the Dreamscape dashboard called: Test Prep
Educators can assign test preparation questions to students through Dreamscape for standardized tests including STAAR (Texas), CAASPP/SBAC (California), EQAO (Ontario), FSA (Florida), North Carolina (End-of-Grade Tests), South Carolina (SC Ready), Georgia (Georgia Milestones) as well as a general test platform.
Follow these steps to assign test preparation questions:
2. Select the 'My Classes' tab located on the left side of the Dreamscape dashboard
3. Click into your class
4. Locate Planner on the left side and click into the page
5. Click the blue-button labeled TEST PREP located on the top right of the screen
6. In this window, you can select which test preparation you would like to assign, and the grade level.
7. We would like to expand the tests available, if you don't see yours, please let us know by selecting the "Don't see your region here?" button.
8. In the new pop up, you will be able to decide which level you would like to assign a student.
You can choose to assign all levels of the test prep, which we recommend starting 4 weeks prior to the date of the test, or only choose specific levels of the test
9. The description button, located on the right side, explains which skills are covered, how long it will take to complete and information to determine which level would be most appropriate for your students.
10. Then click the NEXT button to choose which students you would like to assign test prep for
You can choose all students, individual, or combinations of students
11. Click NEXT and you can decide the end and start dates of the test prep for students
We recommend a week for each level of the test, or if you selected all of the test prep, it will be 4 weeks total, but you are welcome to adjust the length of the test. Instead of receiving normal passages in Dreamscape, the students will receive the assignment during this time, which will end on the end date, or when they complete the assignment, whichever comes first.
12. Click 'Done'. You will now be able to view your recently created test prep in your calendar
Viewing the Report:
Click the assignment you'd like to review on the calendar to reveal the report.
Here, you will have the ability to see the questions and further information about how each student answered by selecting 'View Student Breakdown'. There is also an open-ended question at the end of each test where students can type an answer, and you'll be able to see the responses in this report. A printable version of these reports is soon to come.
The Dreamscape team wishes your students well during the testing season!
Have any questions about the test preparation feature? Please let us know below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org